Episode 001 – Introductions
Welcome to a whole new thing! A Podcast called The Apprenticeship Way.
Are you hooked on Jesus, but maybe you’ve struggled to see real growth or transformation in the “church activities routine” that you were handed by the church? Do you suspect there must be something more, something deeper? I know how that feels–and it’s exactly the reason for this podcast and the journey we’ll be going on.
Show notes will not be a transcript. At least not now. You’ll find a few key bullet points, any scriptures references, as well as any other books or resources referenced.
- Jesus didn’t invite us to join a club, or a political group, or even a religious organization. He was inviting us to follow him, to come along and learn from Him.
- Luke 9:23. Then He said to them all, “If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me.”
- Matthew 11:28-30.“Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
- Jesus seems to have expected us to learn from him through His ongoing presence. It sounds mystical!
- This invitation is to a learning relationship. The biblical word is discipleship, but that word isn’t clear in modern usage. Think old men and beards!
- A better word for the invitation we have been given: An Apprenticeship. Life spent learning from a master, as we live and work alongside him.
- A new podcast in this pursuit. What to expect?
- Weekly-ish podcast, with seasonal breaks.
- 15-30 minutes of spoken word.
- Sharing my journey, my study, and what I’m learning from other people on this same path.
- The goal: Learning how to be with Jesus, so we can learn from Jesus, how to grow in connection with Jesus!
- Periodic Bonus Episodes – Episodes in different formats. Interviews, book reviews, etc.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- The Chapter I forgot to write. - April 23, 2019
- 4 Clues You Need Emotional Growth (TAW018) - April 8, 2019
- Did you know your Christian hero was a theological mess? - April 4, 2019