Episode 015 – Are you doing the hidden inner work?
I like trophies. Credits. Accomplishments. Stuff that I can point to, Stuff that shows my hard work is paying off. Maybe you like that stuff too?
But today I want to tell you about something that matters far more. And its something you’ll never get an award for. I hate that… but it’s true.
Whatever experience other people have of us will not be rooted in our accomplishments but in the hidden inner work. So, are you doing it?
Show notes will not be a transcript. At least not now. You’ll find a few key bullet points, any scriptures references, as well as any other books or resources referenced.
- We put most of our effort into outwardly visible aspects of our life: our accomplishments, our image, our career. But the thing that will most impact how others experience us will be something nobody else can see: the hidden inner work.
- The hidden inner work is the work we do to nurture and cultivate our inner life. It includes:
- Our spiritual life.
- Work we do toward healing and emotional maturity.
- Facing our grief and loss.
- Understanding the source of our anger.
- Learning how to be present
- Read the book that impacted me so deeply:
- Emotional Healthy Spirituality, by Pete Scazerro
- Subscribe to my Email List. Get a couple of emails each month with links to my latest blogs and podcast episode, along with other things that will be helpful to your journey. Also, this is the best way to get a notification when the audiobook goes live!
- Subscribe to The Apprenticeship Way on iTunes and all other podcasting apps.
- Find it here on my website–this page that you’re on right now!
- Find a video version on my Youtube Channel
.Wantto bring me to speak to your community about this topic, practricalspiritual growth, or emotional discipleship ? Checkout my speaking page and let’s talk about possibilities.
- Check out the Apprenticeship Lab Member Community. It’s $8/month. You get to participate in a small, private, positive community of people committed to spiritual growth as well as getting access to a growing library of resources for spiritual growth including 30 short videos for daily inspiration to kick off your year, and access to several online courses. This is also just a great way to help support the work I do. I don’t have a Patreon or other means for donations, so signing up for a membership is a great way to support my work in an ongoing way.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- The Chapter I forgot to write. - April 23, 2019
- 4 Clues You Need Emotional Growth (TAW018) - April 8, 2019
- Did you know your Christian hero was a theological mess? - April 4, 2019