Episode 018 – 4 Clues You Need Emotional Growth
I went through a major crash that was the result of emotional immaturity and brokenness. But it shouldn’t have come as a surprise. There were clues that I ignored.
Maybe some of these clues are in your life as well?
Show notes will not be a transcript. At least not now. You’ll find a few key bullet points, any scriptures references, as well as any other books or resources referenced.
- Looking back on my life I can now see that there were clues that my inner life was a wreck. Emotional immaturity and untended wounds were doing damage, and I didn’t see it.
- Do you see any of these clues present in your life?
- #1 – You are known for outbursts. You frequently over-react, blowing $1000 of emotional energy on a $5 problem.
- #2 – You are easily offended. Irritation is your constant companion, and even small things offend you. Some people walk on eggshells around you.
- #3 – You are always fine. Things that excite others do nothing for you. Sad or painful things don’t deeply impact you. You are rarely vulnerable.
- #4 – You hide behind solo activities. You often choose solo activities to avoid
discomfortthat comes up in the emotional connections of relationship.
- If any of these show up frequently in your life, it may indicate that there are untended wounds that need healing, or emotional immaturity.
- The more disconnected we are from our own emotions, the harder it will be is to connect emotionally with other people, and even with God.
Youinner life is the wellspring from which every other part of your life flows.
- You are invited to my first live event! June 1st, in Vancouver WA. The Untangled Heart Workshop. I’m doing this in collaboration with a close friend who is a trauma therapist with more than 30 years of experience. This 1-day event will give you practical tools so that by the end of the day you’ll be better able to navigate your own emotions and the emotions of other people. It’s gonna cost $90 and will be well worth it, but if you register
quickyou can get the early-bird registration rate of $65.00!
- More info or to register: Go here!
the TheWisdom Of Your Heart Audiobook now!
- If you’ve never had an Audible.com account, you can get The Wisdom of Your Heart for FREE, by following this special link and creating a new paid account. If you love audiobooks this is the very best way to get them.
- Subscribe to my Email List. Get a couple of emails each month with links to my latest blogs and podcast episode, along with other things that will be helpful to your journey. Also, this is the best way to get a notification when the audiobook goes live!
- Subscribe to The Apprenticeship Way on iTunes and all other podcasting apps.
- Find it here on my website–this page that you’re on right now!
- Find a video version on my Youtube Channel.
- Want to bring me to speak to your community about this topic, practical spiritual growth, or emotional discipleship? Check out my speaking page and let’s talk about possibilities.
- Check out the Apprenticeship Lab Member Community. It’s $8/month. You get to participate in a small, private, positive community of people committed to spiritual growth as well as getting access to a growing library of resources for spiritual growth including 30 short videos for daily inspiration to kick off your year, and access to several online courses. This is also just a great way to help support the work I do. I don’t have a Patreon or other means for donations, so signing up for a membership is a great way to support my work in an ongoing way.